What is the dermaroller or dermaroller and how to apply it?
The dermaroller is a concept relatively new in our lives, but has already managed to oust from leading positions as a laser resurfacing of the skin, and various hardware procedures aimed at skin rejuvenation. What is the dermaroller for the face? What are the features of its use? In some cases, manipulation can be performed at home, and when it is necessary to do at the clinic? Instructions for use of this device quite a lot, but we will try to summarize the scattered information.
What is the dermaroller
The dermaroller refers to the tools used to conduct mikroneedle therapy. The dermaroller or as it is commonly called, the dermaroller is a medical product with unique properties. The manufacturer has not only developed the latest method of rejuvenating the face and body, but also received a patent for his invention.
As a result of clinical studies experts managed to establish that the efficiency of this device is significantly higher than laser resurfacing, chemical peels or dermabrasion.
Which needle used in mesoroller
The tool is made in the form of a roller with protruding needles of very small diameter. Their size can vary in the range of 0.2 — 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm. it Should be noted that in the home permitted the use of only meso-roller with needles less than 1 mm. is Optimal for novice users is the amount of from 0.2 to 0.5 mm When the needles more long procedures should be carried out in beauty salons and only by a trained specialist. Otherwise, there is a risk to cause quite serious injuries.
In the manufacture of needles are made of various materials. Ranging from steel and to titanium. Some models use plastic or needles with gold or silver plating. Such a needle without a hollow inside, so they have a much smaller diameter than with mesotherapy carried out with the use of a syringe.
The use of dermaroller showed high efficiency in some diseases, and certain conditions of the skin.
- Sagging skin;
- Stretch marks;
- Decreased elasticity;
- Postoperative scars;
- Scars after caesarean section;
- The scars remaining after acne;
- Increased pigmentation.
The mechanism of action of the dermaroller
The main objective of the meso-roller is a multiple puncture of the epidermis. In the result, achieving the following effects.
- Microtrauma to the skin usilenny promote the regeneration processes in the thickness of the dermis. As a rule, they are accompanied by increased blood flow, there is a stimulation of cell division. The increased production of collagen and elastin has a significant impact on the skin tone. The contour of the face and the neckline is more defined, smooth out fine wrinkles. As a result, the impact is the stimulation of formation of new capillaries. Small size needles promotes healing without scarring. Partly the effect of the dermaroller is similar to fractional photothermolysis. However, in this case, there is no thermal component.
- Increased absorption of medicinal and cosmetic preparations from the skin surface. Multiple microtrauma of the epidermis will increase permeability of the skin barrier. So, clinically it is established that as a result of manipulation by using the dermaroller, the degree of absorption of certain compounds increasesmore than eight — ten times.
- Reflex effects. Microtrauma, the applied thin and very sharp needles stimulate the nervous system. As a result of stimulation of certain areas of the epidermis and the stimulation of the various systems of the body as a whole, or to specific internal organs.
- Frequent and regular injections result in rapid release into the blood stream, the so-called endogenous opiates. Enkephalins and endorphins — a kind of morphine-like compounds which possess not only analgesic effect but also gives a slight feeling of euphoria.
- Electrobiological activity. At the time of contact with the epidermis at the tip of the needle changes slightly physico-chemical nature, which include the formation of oxides of metals and galvanic currents low power. As a result of increased cell membrane permeability, facilitating the penetration of drugs into the cell, and aktiviziruyutsya enzymatic processes.
Types of therapy, manufactured using dermaroller
Depending on the length of the needles of the dermaroller, there are 3 type of therapy.
- Short. Long needles when performing manipulation is 0.2 to 0.5 mm. As a rule, the use of such meso-roller is necessary for loosening the top layer of the epidermis. After the procedure improves blood circulation, microcirculation. When used during a manipulation of medicinal or cosmetic products significantly improves their absorption. The micro-massage improves tone and getting rid of wrinkles.
- Average. The size of the needle during the manipulation of from 0.5 to 1.5 mm. as a result of processing reduces the size of enlarged pores, gradually smooths the stretch marks arising on or after delivery, and in the process of life. Clinically proved to be highly effective hair loss. Fat, and normal and thick skin respond much better to a length of the needle. Increased tone and improved complexion.
- Long. In this case the needle length is 1.5 to 2.5 mm. is Applied to smooth colloidal scars, reduce skin sagging. Especially effective against acne , or as they are otherwise known, paleography scars.
The technique of the manipulation
Experts recommend to only use a needle small length for the procedure at home, since the damage to the deeper layers of the epidermis should be performed only by an experienced technician. However, regardless of whether you do the manipulation yourself, or at the clinic, the stages remain unchanged.
- Cleansing of the skin. Is carried out using a cosmetic gels or other.
- The use of anesthetic. Often applies only when you use needles longer than 1 mm.
- The application of the drug. You can skip this step.
- Using the mezoroller. Each area of the skin must be passed dermaroller in four different directions. If you use needles short or medium manipulation bloodless. The use of long needles causes damage to the deeper layers of the epidermis and as a consequence bleeding.
- Massage, with the use of the drug.
- The application of soothing mask.
- Sunscreen is necessary for protection of the skin from the damaging action of ultraviolet light.
- Moles. Theirabsolutely not subjected to such procedure;
- Skin infections;
- Various skin disease;
- Keloid scars;
- Recurrent herpes;
- Traumatized skin. Various cuts, abrasions;
- Hemophilia and other blood diseases;
- Simultaneous anticoagulation therapy;
- Corticosteroid drugs taken in high dosages;
- Autoimmune diseases;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drugs.
- Painful procedure. It is directly related to length and number of needles.
- Pain due to anatomical features. Arms, inner thighs, neck more painful than a person.
- Dryness or burning. Occur when healing and are normal stages of regeneration.
- Itching. Can be associated with allergic reaction and irritation of nerve endings.
- Headache may occur in patients with a diagnosis of soldier's heart dystonia.
- Hematoma. Usually occur as a result of processing of thin sections of the skin with long needles. Hematomas occur when blood vessels injury.
- Pigmentation. It can occur when compliance with the recommendations of the expert, and irradiation of UV rays of the skin areas treated with mesotherapy.