Lentigines: causes, treatment and prevention of disease
For the first time in the face after a sun burn with brown spots on the skin, many with the confusion, and in the future, and anxiety, turn to the experts. And with a certain degree of fear hear the doctor's diagnosis: lentigo. What is it? What causes than treated and whether it is possible completely to get rid of such unpredictable spots? Issues are becoming more and the answer can only be given by a specialist. Therefore, upon the slightest suspicion of the disease, you must consult your doctor, who can either deny your suspicions, or to assign appropriate projects to alleviate the condition. First and foremost, you need to conduct a thorough examination of the skin...
The etiology or causes of
This term physicians indicate a slight brownish, and in rare cases, and bluish spots, which have people of completely different ages. This disease can affect both young boys and girls, Mature men and women, and the elderly. This species belongs to the benign age spots. Far unsightly appearance of the skin in this disease kompensiruet only knowing that spots very rarely transform into malignant tumors. Is the result of a long stay in direct sunlight.
Experts klassificeret several main types of the disease:
- Of solar lentigines. These spots appear after a prolonged stay under the sun after a severe sunburn.. Especially pronounced in white people and those who have thin and sensitive skin.
- Otherwise senile lentigines also called liver spots. In this case, the localization of places are not exposed to ultraviolet light, and the most characteristic of the disease. This face and the backs of your hands and the skin of the forearm. Spots of lighter shade, they can easily be confused with freckles. In some cases, senile lentigines or hyperpigmentation of the skin) can reborn into a malignant formation, known as skin cancer.
Much less common are two types lentigo, inherited and is a genetic anomaly.
- Lentigines Touraine Central. With the variety lentigo affects the Central part of the face: the nose, the border of the lips, forehead and cheeks less often. It should be noted that in very rare cases it can damage the shoulders. The main symptoms are lentiginous spots are more like moles or nodules. As a rule, the disease is rarely occurs only in the cutaneous form. Often, it is accompanied by epileptic seizures, urinary incontinence, developmental delay. This lentiginosa seen in young children and is a hereditary disorder.
- Periorificial lentigines. It is also a hereditary disease transmitted from parent to offspring. The most typical factor is the presence of dark brown spots, which specialists are called "coffee with milk". The process is localized in the mouth area or the vermilion border. A transition to the oral mucosa or can be observed lesion of the conjunctiva. In this case, no contact with sunlight is not detected. Further, in the period from five to thirty years, may be a manifestation of a strong pain in the abdomen, numerous polyps formed in the intestine and stomach, leading to the depletion of the patient.
Symptoms and treatment
In this disease there are spots in size from a millet to a lentil or bean seed. Shape, usually oblong or rounded.It is possible to change shades from pale yellow to brown or even black. Sometimes there is a seal and the spots are convex.
Lesions in different types of the disease may be located on the open areas of the body exposed to the sun and closed, including in the genital area and oral mucosa.
Depending on the varieties of lentigo, after the examination, the specialist will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- Conventional or solar lentigines. The set of measures practically does not differ from used for the treatment of freckles. Used various cosmetic bleaching and exfoliating agent.
- The use of retinol peeling helps with bright spots. Otherwise achieved lightening the spots, so the basic tone of the skin.
- Laser resurfacing of the skin. Can significantly reduce the protruding spots.
- Used photoprotective. The basic principle of active photoprotective is the destruction of pigment layer under the action of the strobe light with high temperature.
- In some cases, is shown holding diathermocoagulation individual elements lentigines. The method consists in heating the fabric of the point to 80 degrees. The result of this manipulation becomes the folding of the protein. In the place of the spot, a small scar , pale pink in color. Over time it disappears.
- If the disease is caused by hereditary factors, the doctor may prescribe x-ray treatments. Because in this case it is recognized as the most effective method of treatment.
- Complications in the form of polyps localized in the stomach or intestines is used surgical removal of the formations.
In this case, we are talking only about solar lentigines, because neither senile nor even of hereditary forms of prevention have not been developed.
The most effective method, recommended by experts, recognized by the use of sunscreens, the most suitable for your type of skin. To choose their can own or using a dermatologist. Being under direct sunlight, you should reduce or reschedule your tan from 9 to 11 am and from 17 to 19 h in the evening. Thus it is possible to minimize the harmful effects of the sun and to protect yourself from such unpleasant diseases.