What is rosacea or acne rosacea: causes, symptoms, prevention
Acne amaze in adolescence, most of Teens. Acne, comedones, inflammatory reaction caused by subcutaneous mite... How to understand the causes of their appearance and, consequently, to take extra precautions to prevent skin lesions? Often professionals to refer to a certain type of inflammation using the term "acne rosacea". What it is and in some cases perhaps their appearance?
Acne rosacea on the face can be a real beach like a teenager, and already married man. This disease has a medical name and is denoted by the term "Rosacea". So, what is this skin lesion?
What is it?
Their occurrence is associated with several factors that have a negative effect on the skin and the organism as a whole. The result is increased sebum secretion. Violation of the process of peeling the old dead skin cells leads, in combination with a large amount of sebum, clogging of pores.
If the resulting tube has no outlet to the surface, under the skin formed whitish education, resembling millet seed. They can reach the size of a pinhead. In the case where the tube has access to the surface of the skin, the oxidation process takes place and the result is the formation of black dots, called comedones. The ingress of pathogenic microorganisms inside a comedone can provoke an inflammatory process characterized by the increase of the comedone, the formation of a zone of redness around the presence of pus inside inflamed follicles.
Independent removing of such acne is strictly prohibited. Especially dangerous inflammatory elements localized in the region of nasolabial triangle. Extensive venous network located close to the surface of the skin creates additional conditions for the ingress of purulent content in the blood. In this case, the probability of development of purulent meningitis. In the presence of a region of nasolabial triangle pimple with a pronounced inflammatory process and purulent contents, you must seek the advice of a specialist. He will tell you the most effective in this case, control methods and drugs.
Causes of rosacea
Experts have found several possible factors causing the disease.
- Mechanical irritation of the skin. Soaps and scrubs in unsupervised use can cause irreparable damage to the skin. The use of scrubs once a week is able to cause microtrauma to the skin and wash with soap more than twice a day leads to a decrease in natural protective functions of the body.
- Hormones. One of the most likely causes of rosacea. This assumption is confirmed by the fact that eels are most often observed in adolescents during the formation of hormones and havewomen during the last five to seven days of the menstrual cycle, pregnant women and patients who are forced to take hormonal drugs for the treatment of the underlying disease.
- Genetics. Clinically it is established that the increased sensitivity of the skin to the presence of androgens, as well as the increased ability of the skin to form a thick Horny layer within the sebaceous glands are hereditary. Often marked by the presence of rosacea in different age categories of members of the same family.
- Experts have established that vascular disorders are the basis of this disease.
- Overheating. May trigger the development of the disease on the background of other predisposing factors.
- Irregularities in functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastritis, ulcer, pancreatitis or liver damage can also be a great ground for rosacea.
The symptoms of rosacea
As a result of long research dermatologists have found that rosacea has three stages of development, through which passes successively the diseased person.
- In the initial stages, the patient noted a slight reddening of the skin, increasing significantly when exposed to both high and low temperatures. This can be as a jet of cool air and hot water. Over time formed telangiectasia. Formed erythemally stage at which causes redness slight disturbance, acute or hot food etc. the formation of spider veins due to blockage of capillaries. As noted redness and pain in the eyes.
- In the second stage for the persistent redness, red pimples formed merge into numerous plaques with purulent contents. When pressure is applied to such a formation, it is noted the Department of purulent exudate, followed by the formation of a crust (scab). Maybe a slight increase in body temperature.
- In the third stage, when the disease has moved in its most severe form, the formation of hillocks, filled with purulent contents. Also significantly increased in the affected areas, the thickness of the skin. Thus inflammation goes into infiltrative stage. These bumps are localized in the region of both cheeks, less chin. In the most severe cases, affected nose. It takes the pineal shape and this condition is called rhinophyma.
Of course, to exclude the hereditary factor does not, however, possible to reduce the impact of other negative factors that trigger the development of rosacea.
- You need to keep clean the skin, but do not abuse cosmetics and scrubs.
- It is also necessary to normalize the hormones, resorting to the help of a specialist.
- A comprehensive survey of the organism and timely treatment of diseases of the endocrine system and the digestive tract will significantly reduce the likelihood of damage rosacea.
- Avoid excessive stress, hypothermia.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- A balanced diet will also be a great help in the complex of the actions directed on prevention of the disease.