How to treat acne vulgaris
For many thousands of adolescents, acne vulgaris is the scourge that would poison best years of my life. Inflamed and red pimples, black spots and white dense formations under the skin are all causes prolonged depression of young people. Is it possible somehow to change the situation or treatment, in this case, it is meaningless? We will try to understand the problem and to determine how effective the treatment will be.
Acne vulgaris occur at the time of adolescence most teenagers. Their formation is associated with the hormonal changes and the increase of steroid hormones, which produces young body. This fact is due most of the processes responsible for the formation of acne:
- Increased androgen production, which is characteristic for boys and girls, causes increased secretion of the sebaceous glands.
- Also significant changes were made in the composition and texture of secretions of skin glands. It becomes more thick and viscous. This thick sebum much more difficult stands out from the duct, gradually clogging the pores. Oxidized in air, and under the influence of the impurities, forming a tube that becomes the head of the comedone.
- Increased keratinization of the skin causes the upper dead layer of epithelium peels too slow. It clogs the pores, creating additional conditions for the formation of acne.
If the body of a teenager is weakened, the accession of a bacterial infection entails the formation of acne vulgaris. A favorable environment for the development of the inflammatory process creates sebum and particles of epithelium. Against this background, bacterial agents multiply rapidly.
Of great importance for the formation of acne vulgaris belongs to multiple factors:
- Hormones. Changes in one direction or another contribute to the reduction of immunity, as well as the change in the sebaceous glands.
- Disorders of the digestive tract. Inflammation in the stomach or intestine that may degrade the condition of the skin, reducing its resistance of bacterial agents.
- Unstable psychological or emotional background leads to a constant stress, which entails a reduction in the resilience of the skin.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Gynaecological diseases.
- And much more.
Despite the abundance of predisposing factors for the formation of acne enough and 1-2, which will be essential for a particular person and his physiological state.
Symptoms of acne vulgaris
Experts divide acne into several varieties, each with a different appearance. Initially there is a division according to the degree of inflammatory nature:
- The inflammatory. These include papules, pustules, nodules and cysts.
- Not inflammatory. Open and closed comedones.
So, let's look at each of them. Let's start with non-inflammatory forms, which are represented by two varieties:
- Closed comedones. This is a variation of acne where the skin surface is visible only to a small point, and the duct of the sebaceous gland filled with a dense secret remains under the skin. Depending on the extent of injury, closed comedones palpable or visible to the naked eye.
- Open comedones. This kind of acne vulgaris is also called black spots, based on their appearance. Wide duct of the sebaceous gland remainsopen, and the accumulation of thick secretions has open access to the surface of the epidermis. As a result of oxidation and adding particles of the epithelium, or surface contamination formed a solid and rigid grease tube. She closes the duct glands and has a dark hue due to dirt on the skin. In most cases, open comedones localized on the wings of the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. I.e. the T-zone.
After the formation of comedones, in the presence of a bacterial infection, inflammatory process begins. As a result, all the pimples have a different name, depending on the degree of its development:
- The papules. They occur if the inflammation formed fatty acids, irritating the wall of the follicle.
- Pustules. This education is more likely to occur if the daddy associated bacterial infection. Runs purulent process, which characterizes the pustules.
- Nodules. They are formed as a result of mechanical impact on the pustules and rupture. And if in the process of inflammation fatty acids are released into the bloodstream. This situation can arise with self-squeezing pimples.
- Cyst. Extreme stage of the inflammatory response, which is not only clearly marked inflammation, but very significant pain.
Regardless of the extent of damage to the skin should conduct a comprehensive treatment in which the skin acquires a smooth and Matt surface without any traces of prevage defeat.
Treatment of acne vulgaris
For acne vulgaris you should remember a few simple but effective rules. Their observance will help to quickly get rid of acne and prevent further development of disease. So, what is necessary for the patient's recovery:
- Examination by a specialist, is able to determine the cause of inflammatory reactions. Endocrinologist, dermatologist and gynecologist will become the doctors, which may affect the healing of the patient.
- Correction of hormonal background, the result of which can significantly reduce the likelihood of the appearance of new acne and to stabilize the condition of the skin.
- Thorough and reliable cleaning, which in some cases should be performed in the walls of cosmetic clinics. In very advanced cases will not be able to do without mechanical cleaning of the pores. Specialist gently and not damaging the skin will remove the grease tube and will hold a series of procedures whose primary purpose is the removal of inflammatory reactions, saturation of moisture and increase the protective properties.
- The use of appointed expert drugs. As a rule, the doctor, based on skin condition and severity of the lesions, it assigns a set of cosmetics or medicines. Among them are gels or foam cleanser and cream, allowing to dry the top layer of the skin and to saturate with moisture the inner layers. The use of perfectly matched cleanser helps prepare the skin for subsequent treatments.
- Food. A balanced dietwith minimal inclusion of sugar and complex carbohydrates will be a good help in the treatment of the disease. A large quantity of fiber, fresh vegetables and fruits, minimal amounts of fried, smoked and fatty foods is the ideal diet for the patient.
Only the accurate execution of all prescription and maximum compliance with the recommendations would not be complete healing. Daily routine and diet will become an organic complement treatment, because these two components will strengthen the immunity and strengthen the body's defense inthe fight against bacterial agents.