What is a fruit peel and how to do it at home?
Peeling is becoming an increasingly important tool to deal with the many problems of the skin, which is used in cosmetology. And one of the leading places belongs to a peeling fruit acids. Despite the fact that this method is skin care used by women for several centuries, the fruit acids in cosmetics is recognized as one of the most effective means.
Acid for exfoliation
What is a fruit peel? Is the process of removing the upper Horny layer of the epithelium. Manipulation is performed with the goal of preventing premature aging of the skin. In formulations for exfoliation used several types of acids:
- Apple. It is obtained either from natural apples or synthetically. Not only is it perfectly brightens the skin but also very effective tonic.
- Milk. Contained in all of lactic acid products. Sour cream, yogurt, blueberries or tomatoes.
- Lemon. The maximum content in pineapples or other citrus.
- Wine. Specialists extract it from the wine or grapes.
- Glycolic. In natural foods in small quantities. Especially her rich sugar beet or sugar cane.
The action of peeling
Fruit acids for face make an indispensable action. Their uniqueness is that they are ideal for both dry and oily skin. Affecting the sebaceous glands, they normalize their activity, as well as the composition of the secretion. Cleaning the ducts of the glands, face mask with fruit acids not only improves complexion, but also reduces the inflammatory response, and consequently reduces the number of pimples and comedones.
The main action of the peeling is exfoliation of the stratum corneum. As a result, the absorption of creams and various nutritional formulations used in cosmetics, improves several times. Accelerated regenerative processes, contributing to skin rejuvenation. Strengthening of collagen and elastin, and stimulate microcirculation leads to normalization of water balance. In addition, under the influence of acids, fades unwanted pigmentation.
- Excessive pigmentation;
- Fine lines;
- Age spots;
- Stretch marks;
- Excessive dryness of the skin.
In conducting the peeling in skin care clinics observed several mandatory steps.
- Cleansing of the skin. With the help of special tools is cleansing the skin. Removes not only makeup residue but also the allocation of the sebaceous glands.
- Applying to the skin of fruit acids followed by neutralization. The duration of an application is determined by the technician depending on skin type, sensitivity and irritation. Rarely beauticians use during the procedure only a single acid. Much greater use of so-called peeling-a cocktail that includes several different acids. In some cases, to improve the effectiveness of the manipulation, the therapist can add to the cocktail of substances, not related tofruit acids. It is recommended to introduce in the mask with fruit acids of vitamin A or E. When excessively dry skin shows the addition of hyaluronic acids to moisturize the deep layers of the skin.
- The final step is applying a moisturizing mask or cream that soothes the skin and promotes rapid regeneration.
The number of procedures that assigns cosmetician strictly individually, as well as the concentration and exposure time on the skin. But on average, take three to six manipulation for maximum effect. With each subsequent application increases the concentration of the composition, but decreases the application time. Thus, with a high content of acids the effect of peeling increases several times. However, there is always the risk of getting irritation or even chemical burns to the skin. Therefore, before you use the services of a beautician, try to make inquiries and to verify his qualifications.
Fruit acid peeling at home
It is worth noting that this manipulation used in home formulations, the concentration of acid which is no more than 20 — 25 %. Otherwise, the probability of injury to the skin. The lack of the necessary skill level can cause damage that will require long-term treatment. If you want to obtain quick and lasting results it is better to go to a beauty clinic.
For holding fruit peels in the home can also be used not only prepared, but also prepared tools. Of course, nobody speaks of the need to mix several synthetic acids. But to prepare a peeling in which the basis is sour cream or sour milk, and the abrasives used to grind in a coffee grinder or bran cereal, it is quite possible. Of course, the effect won't be quite as stunning as in salon treatments. But with regular use you can achieve a stable and high quality results.
As with any procedures related to effects on the skin, there are a number of contraindications, to neglect which not only unwise, but sometimes dangerous to their health.
- Inflammatory reaction;
- Allergic reactions;
- Herpes infection in the acute stage;
- Infectious diseases;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Diseases of the blood;
- Skin diseases;
- Recent tan;
- Wounds, abrasions, cuts and other mechanical damage to the skin;
- The period of high solar activity. All procedures associated with the chemical peeling is best done in autumn and spring. Ultraviolet light adversely affects the skin and the updated the more.