Demodex mite — what is it and how to deal with it?
What is it?
"Demodex is the name zeleznicniho mite, which lives in the sebaceous glands of man, where it feeds and reproduces. It's a colorless creature, a length of 0.15-0.48 mm with a body covered with bristles and head are designed to gland. Some, even from among dermatologists, confuse the symptoms of Demodex are allergic or do not attach importance to them as a staple in acne treatment. However, Chinese scientists have proved that 9 out of 10 cases of the rash to blame this parasite.
Few facts about Demodex
I must say that Demodex mite lives in the majority of people (89%) who are not even aware of its existence. He settles in the internal organs and may be the cause of gastritis and can also live in the skin (2-3 individuals in the gland) and does not cause irritation. Its reproduction may be caused by changes in the intestinal flora, decreased immunity or treatment with drugs containing hormones. On the face it resides mainly in the so-called "demodexes triangle" is the area under the nose, lips and chin.
Many, denying the impact of the mite on the skin, continue to use cosmetic products or even medical ointments-based grease: vaseline or any vegetable oil. But, in fact, the use of fat only exacerbates the situation, as for Demodex — this is a very favorable environment for reproduction. If at this time a sick one-year treatment of anthelminthic drugs, there will come some relief and improve the condition of the skin. However, the Demodex on face need to treat and treat very seriously.
The symptoms of demodicosis may be different for each person. However, there are several of them that can be defined.
- Acne, pimples, the so-called adolescence or teenage acne on face — most often, it is Demodex, the causes of which are hormonal changes in the body and as a result the excessive secretion of fat in the sebaceous glands.
- Redness and spots on the face.
- Enlarged pores, clogged pores. Leather, in most cases on the nose, cheeks, wet, greasy.
- The characteristic shade of the face. The skin becomes gray and earthy color.
- Appear scars and bumps. Formed "scar" rough cloth "lumps".
- The feeling of stiffness in the facial movements of the lips and nose.
- The nose is extended, sometimes appearing blue-red color. This disease is called "rhinophyma".
- Crawling sensation, itching, tingling that have become the norm, and the patient just automatically scratches without even noticing them. Skin mite Demodex leads nocturnal. Beginning in the evening and throughout the night, it is active, mating individuals, so itching increases.
- He settled not only on the face. The infection may be on neck, chest, and sometimes on the back, even found a tick on her hips. Often the patient affected skin of the head. Scalp itching, hair falls out prematurely.
- If a person constantly feels itchy eyelashes, eye fatigue, watery eyes, blush, swells the skin of the eyelids (blepharitis), then it could be Demodex age. It is often confused with conjunctivitis, so I can mute the symptoms treatmentof conjunctivitis, but to the end and not getting rid of the parasite.
- Itching of the ears. Auricle — the perfect habitat for species of tick.
I must say that scratching, itching feeling, the man takes individuals of the mite to other areas of skin on the nails and the skin of the fingers, so the disease will only get worse. In addition, the disease can be transmitted to other people through towels, clothes and using the same hands.
What if he's still there?
First, to rule out any other skin diseases need to be monitored and to be tested for Demodex. A tick is detected is quite simple laboratory method. The patient is invited to take a scraping for Demodex skin, and, in the case of diseases of the eye is taken to the analysis of the upper and lower eyelash of an eye. After the treatment a special solution small piece of skin or an eyelash under the microscope. The mite is clearly visible and is detected. The only way to alleviate the patient's condition is to start the treatment. There are some medications that can be prescribed by a doctor-dermatologist who treat Demodex, photos presented on the Internet, prove that the treatment is possible. And the dream of a clean healthy skin free of blemishes, bumps and acne – feasible.
First, you need to strengthen your immune system and drink immunomodulatory agent along with the prescribed treatment. At the time of treatment should abandon all sorts of ointments and creams on a fatty basis, except those that will be used to treat. The doctor appoints to the patient an antibacterial external funds and funds that reduce pores and sebum – the food source of Demodex.
Treatment at home
There are also some traditional remediesthat will also help alleviate the condition and make the treatment more effective.
For example, you can grind in a coffee grinder or in a mortar 1 tablespoon of juniper berries. Then push the powder in boiling water in a closed beaker for 5-6 hours, drain and use as a means of lotions one to two times a day.
Gadgets you can also do this by preparing a decoction of the bark of buckthorn, calendula or eucalyptus. Effective decoction of the herb wormwood. To do this, take two tablespoons of dry sage, pour a glass of boiling water, cover, and 2-3 hours to drain.
Significant relief can be felt by treating with the garlic pulp. Such compresses should be done daily.
Treatment can be accompanied and decoctions of herbs inside. For example, you can prepare a decoction, taking one of the mint leaves, plantain, wormwood, yarrow, succession, tansy and nettle. This fee (2 tablespoons), pour 500 ml of boiling water and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Then it can be taken 3 times a day for half a Cup before meals. The course of treatment is four to six weeks.