How to use Doxycycline for acne?
Pimples, or acne most often appears in adolescents, in a period of rapid maturation. This is due to the strengthened work of sebaceous glands and enlarged pores on the skin. Pores bacteria multiply, causing inflammation and the result, as stated on the face. Acne often arises at hit in the pores of the pathogen such as Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcus aureus).
They can be single, and then it is sufficient to use outdoor and cosmetics. But when the acne is too much, appropriate and warranted prescription of antibacterial agents inside. One of these remedies for acne is doxycycline — an antibiotic with a wide spectrum of antibacterial actionrelated to the tetracycline group of antibiotics. Doxycycline is bacteriostatic, inhibiting the protein synthesis of pathogenic bacteria.
The spectrum of antibacterial action
- Staphylococci (Staphylococcus), including Staphylococcus aureus, the causative agent of many dermatological conditions, including acne and rashes, or acne;
- Streptococcus (Streptococcus), including Streptococcus pneumoniae;
- Aerobic spore-forming bacteria;
- Aerobic nonspore bacteria;
- Aerobic bacteria:
- Escherichia coli, E. coli, pathogenic form, which can be the cause of many diseases;
- Klebsiella that causes urogenital infection;
- Rickettsia, the causative agent of rickettsiosis disease, including such diseases as epidemic typhus, spotted fever, tick-borne rickettsiosis;
How to take and are there any contraindications?
The indication for use of doxycycline is caused by its spectrum of action.
Usually the drug is well tolerated, but at the same time doxycycline, like all antibiotics, has a number of contraindications, these include:
- Children's age;
Among the side effects of the drug include:
- The development of an allergic reaction;
- Photosensitization of the organism;
Treatment of severe acne and acne must be comprehensive and take place under the supervision of a dermatologist. The dosage of the drug needs to pick up the doctor. Acne treatment doxycycline resistant gives pronounced results at a low price to the drug.